Friday, July 24, 2015

Keep your private life private...

Well, that's something that has taken me a few years to learn and understand--and I'm still working on understanding who and when I should disclose things. Generally, I'm very conservative about sharing--actually I'm conservative about talking at all--mostly because I don't have much to share or talk about. If social media didn't exist--or, rather, if I didn't maintain an account with any form of social media (or this blog)--practically no one would know any of what's going on in my life.

I'm skeeved out by the fact that, via social media, people know who I'm friends with. I'm not so much affected by what I put up publicly because I already have the understanding that I chose "public", although sometimes I question what I put up in this blog. I'm just weirded out. Social networks/networking is just weird, people forget that what you put up there is what (if not everyone, then some) people see and not everything you put up there is something you would want anyone but your most intimate friend to know. All of this brings to mind that I should be more diligent when it comes to the information that I disclose to anyone, regardless of format. Although it generally doesn't matter because there is nothing that anyone can do with any of the information they find on me, it just weirds me out and it weirds me out even more when people try and use whatever information they have against me--especially when they think what they know will somehow affect me in some way, shape or form. It's like if I have three cookies in my lunch bag and they presume I have those three cookies so they taunt me with their "knowledge" of my having three cookies--it's just weird...there has got to be something better to do in their lives than to taunt me about frivolous information against me. Although, I have a very small--almost nonexistent--understanding of why people enjoy drama in their lives, since I don't do drama...so maybe that's why it weirds me out?

I have so much going on in my life that I would like to share because I'm proud of myself for planning, working for and attaining my goals. Getting through life is hard--made harder by people who perpetuate drama--accomplishing things is difficult, but when you actually get through the hard stuff and achieve what you want...The pride, the happiness, the serenity that you feel...it's remarkable.

Lastly, just to be a bit motivational:
Just don't let anyone get you down. Try to keep personal and private information private. No one can hurt you if you don't give them the ammunition--more importantly, even: No one can hurt you if you don't give them a weapon against you (to load and reload). Take their power away. You control the information that people have on you which ultimately means that you are in control of your own feelings and emotions, not anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment