Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

One day, I asked my friend how does one hear God. He said, "All you have to do is listen." Where, I responded with, "I have been listening and I hear nothing." His retort was, "You have to clear your mind." I was skeptical, but thought to myself, 'Why not give it a shot?' So, I tried and for the life of me, I could not clear my mind. I think too much.

Days after this conversation, I was driving down a specific street, in a specific area, listening to some music at a very low volume (or it was off, that I cannot remember). For the first time in a long time, I was not thinking about anything, my mind was quite literally clear and not focused on any specific thoughts. It was only me in my truck at the time, but quite literally someone said to me suddenly, "Good things come to those who wait." And, I thought to myself, 'Wait. What?' and my head kept repeating it: "Good things come to those who wait."

Next, either that same day or a day later, I read someone's license plate which said: TRSTHIM (Trust Him). I then thought to myself, 'Huh. Go figure.'

Then, a few months later, I receive a letter that references verses in the Bible and specific chapters. Even though what I was given in that letter applies to both myself and the writer: God is, once again, trying to tell me something.

Those events are etched into my brain so vividly. God keeps giving me signs and occasionally speaks to me (not in the crazy-person sense, btw) and more often than not: I'm not noticing it.

Regarding college, I'm still not sure which degree I would like to go for. I think that nursing would be a good fit, but it would take me longer. Instead of two years for the associates degree in nursing, it would take me three to four years. The other degree I am looking into would take somewhere around eighteen months to two years. Both branches of educations will be fun...it's just that I don't know which I would like to do most. I suppose I will try the second one and if I don't like it, it won't be a waste of my time since it's a shorter timeframe than nursing.

I am slightly annoyed by one thing that I learned earlier this morning, but it is generally no big deal since I have fixed that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment