Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2013 is almost over!

Holy cow, this year went by fast...I mean there were some weeks that did just drag on, but it's already December 17th! A lot has happened this year!


  • My boy turned 2 years old this year!
  • I got my CNA certification
  • I almost started working at a nursing home
  • I have a vehicle, home, furniture (granted all for obvious reasons)
  • I was/am in college, although I just failed this semester
Wow, I'm sure there was more. I turned 26 this year...which next year I'll be 27 (Oh, no!).

I'm working on getting approval for another career/job so that more income will be brought into my family. This last thing seems to be taking the most time--but only because I have to do it in the very limited spare time that I have. Things are a lot easier when people are helping me and working with me instead of doing it by myself or people purposefully working against me.

I know at my current workplace, my direct boss is working with me so that I can be promoted. My boss's boss is nervous about the promotion because it took me longer to learn the position than it takes others and because I am unsure if I actually know what to do. Sometimes I wonder if I should contact people higher up, just to make sure my workplace stays on it's toes and doesn't discriminate against me, but usually my suspected issue is resolved (without me saying anything) after a day or two. 

This past week, I've been having problems coming up with foods to make for each meal. I am not exactly sure why, sometimes I think that maybe I should go and buy more food so that I have more of a selection to choose from but then I realize I do have a lot, I just have to think about what to make with it all. Hmm, I know a couple of people that have links to websites that can help me out so I think I'll contact them about it.

I don't think that we have many presents for the boy, for Christmas. I hope that we'll be able to get some more stuff before next week but I don't think that will be possible. At least he'll have a good holiday. 

Well, that was a good update. Hopefully I'll remember to keep up here, more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment