Monday, September 9, 2013

I love my friends

It was recently explained to me the minor differences in my personality post accident. This is great! I get it now. Fundamentally, I'm still who I was before the accident. Cognitively and emotionally I'm different, the way I react is different.

Apparently, visually and upon first talking with me, I seem normal--I seem like my old self. You can't tell I'm different or disabled. That's great, right? No, it's not because I have problems. When people get to know me again, after talking to me a few times, they notice the minor differences--which is good. They learn to know what to expect from me instead of assuming how I used to react. What makes me feel bad is that some people seem to walk on eggshells when interacting with me, which is not good.

I need to relearn social etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment