Thursday, July 11, 2013

Low BP, headache and nausea

I had a follow up today with PM&R. My blood pressure was low, about 88 over something I can't remember. They took it twice, both times it was low. Asked if I had a headache or nausea or vomiting--I didn't at the time, but 2 hours later I have a huge migraine that will not go away. The migraine is still there and nausea has followed since an hour into the migraine. I don't have a sphygmomanometer and I kind of wish I did, if my BP is low along with these other symptoms: I need emergency care. But, I can't drive with these symptoms either so, I'd need to call 911, which I'm not comfortable with. Going on eight hours with these symptoms. Crap.

I'm going to try taking Advil. I've kept myself hydrated and I ate throughout the day, so I don't know (besides ER) what else to do.

ETA (07/12/2013)

I don't know what it was that gave me such a debilitating headache, but I'm better now. Still not sure if I had low blood pressure, but I suppose it's no longer a big deal considering I'm still here. 

Maybe it was because I was past exhaustion. I did go to bed late Sunday evening, approximately 1 am, then I woke up early with our boy at about 6 or 7 am. Then, there were some things that needed to get done until about 4 hours before I needed to get ready for my shift. I wanted to take a nap before getting ready and leaving, but I was not able to do that. By the time I had gotten to work, I had been up for about 16 hours and my shift was going to be 8 hours long. Not only that, I also had classes starting at 11 am Tuesday morning and by the time I got home, I would not have had time for a nap. That would have been a grand total of 31 awake hours before being able to go to sleep.

Due to the initial lack of sleep before my shift, during my shift I was not "feeling it". I was not in the mood to do anything. Currently I feel like a failure that I didn't try harder, but deep down: I know I did what was best for my health. I really did what was best for my health, (assuming) considering that a day later I was suffering from such a terrible migraine, nausea and possible low BP.

The Advil did help after awhile and then I had a full night's sleep, so I'm good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment