Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thank you, readers!

I'm not sure if I posted a thank you to all of you who have given me support, encouragement, thoughts and prayers, so here it is.

You all have no idea how much I appreciate your well wishes or your reading my blog--no matter which post you came to or how many you've read--it's unbelievable to me. I don't think that what happened to me or what I've been through is really that big of a deal, to me it's not important. Yeah, I know what I've gone through and what I've overcome, but I suppose in my head, it could have been worse (I am quite thankful that it wasn't).

I remember that the process of recovery, along with the setbacks and sad moments (like those 8 months without my son) were difficult. The whole process was work, and hard work that I really did strive to get through and accomplish. I am proud of myself for getting so far in my recovery, although I do know that this is going to be a life-long "battle" towards normalcy, that I may or may not accomplish by the time I die. I am quite close to where I was before the accident and like I've posted before, my only problems are memory and word finding--maybe even cognitive and logical thinking, too. I don't like that it takes me awhile to process things, whether written or spoken, but that's life now. I suppose that I am basically accepting life as it is now, though continuing to work towards "normal". I am happy with how far I've come and how far I plan to go.

I believe that the reason I've come so far, so quickly, is because of all of you readers and people out there who take time out of your day to help me and/or pray for me and/or support me. There really are no sufficient words to express how much I appreciate all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment