Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yarn

The past 3 weeks I have been trying to downsize my yarn collection (stash) by making various projects. This has been fun. So far, I have made 3 hats which are very cute: fuzzy variegated purple yarn with purple flowers. Then, I started an afghan that is a pattern on Project Linus. I've made it quite large and although making blankets for kids that need that comfort and security would be awesome, I don't have soft enough yarn for their delicate selves. It is a granny square ripple afghan with an odd assortment of colors: neon green, navy blue, bright yellow, black and eventually I'll throw in some bright red because those are some of the colors in my stash at the moment.

I'm thinking about making a few more little things since I have small amounts of various yarn in different colors. Some of what I have is very unique, like feathery or thick or like cashmere, nothing simple or traditional or normal or regular. So, I really don't know what to make with all of it but it's a good thing that I search http://www.ravelry.com often because then I can find something that I can work with/on.

My stash has been getting smaller and smaller as the days go on so I am happy about that. I'm hoping to be out of yarn or at least have very little by March.

No comments:

Post a Comment