Saturday, January 12, 2013

Today is My Birthday

Well, we don't have anything spectacular planned and that is okay. I need to go to the grocery store and get a few things that I completely forgot about during the week when my friend took me shopping. At least it's supposed to be warm today, that will make walking to the store with the Boy and hubby a bit easier and more comfortable.

I'm looking around our home and it is a crowded mess of stuff, stuff being toys. My son likes to empty out his toy box and now we have a nice plush layer of toy-carpet. I feel like cleaning it all up since he's napping right now but at the same time I'm feeling lazy and thinking "meh, it's my birthday" I suppose I'll just leave it all out until later tonight when he goes to bed.

I was hoping to get my settlement this week, but no. Again, I have been told "another week or two", which is fine. Except that I've been told "another week or two" every single week since November. I get that this is a process and it takes time. I'm poor for goodness sake, I would like to not have "late notice" on my bills anymore. I would like to get on with my life. I want to buy a vehicle already so that I can start classes and work. All I do at home now is look after my Boy and...that's it! I can't go anywhere, especially since it's been cold. Walking up and down the hallways of the apartment building doesn't look appealing. I would like to be able to go a bit further than a mile down the street.

Holy cow, please insurance company, please hurry up and give my lawyer the information he needs so that I can get my life going already! (Which, my settlement would have been a good birthday present, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment