Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm all cleared!

My PM&R doctor cleared me for driving and for stopping Amantadine. She said that I should be good and if I do feel like I need anything, like to ask a question or something I'm not sure about, I can message her. The other thing is that my psychiatrist cleared me for not taking antidepressants, that as long as I continue counseling and working on my coping strategies, I should be fine. Which, I'm not planning on stopping counseling anytime soon, so that should work out!

Being off of Amantadine for that short while and recently back on it again, I did not notice any difference so that's why my PM&R doctor okayed my not being on it anymore. Also, being off of the antidepressants and continuing counseling, I've noticed that my depression is handled very well--I don't notice it at all anymore. One other thing I've noticed is that the more I recover, the more "here" I feel. My PM&R doctor said that she noticed how much more aware I am, a complete 180 from when she first met me.

This is awesome, I feel like myself again. I feel like I did before the accident, the only thing is a significant problem with memory, more short-term than long-term but it's still a problem. I use notebooks and an agenda for that, but that doesn't make knowing about my memory issues any better. Oh and I get headaches more often and randomly. This isn't anything that I can't handle so I have nothing to complain about.

The Boy is doing well, he's feeling better than last week, I'm happy. We're both still sick from this cold, we're going on our 8th-9th week of this illness. I have no idea what it is but the doctors told me it's a cold. Tomorrow, I get to see my PCP and talk with her about this cold because I'm just that sick of being sick! After my appointment, I have to take the Boy to pediatrics because I think he may have an ear infection along with this cold. His poor little ears are all red and scabbed up because he keeps scratching at them.

Hopefully we will find out what is going on with us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment