Monday, January 14, 2013

Done with...

Doctor's and therapy appointments for my brain injury! I just noticed while looking at my list of upcoming appointments, this is great! Now, I know that if I feel anything "off", I can call and schedule an appointment to see if my brain is acting up. So far, I'm doing very well. I feel like I did before the accident, it's just my memory that's a bit bad. My long term memory is like before, I remember most, if not all, of my life before the accident and some of things post-accident. Now, my short term memory sucks, I have to write things down to prevent forgetting--and even that doesn't work because I forget to write things down in the first place! The other thing that bothers me is my word-finding, I forget some words and sometimes how to spell the word I'm thinking. Like while I write out this post, I have to backspace a bunch of words because I start typing the wrong one.

Now, I'm thinking about whether I should continue my blog as I go through my life...Which I don't think anything I post from here on out will be interesting, but who knows. Or, should I start a brand new blog "Life Post-TBI recovery"? I may just not write anything anymore, I don't know.

I'll see how things go. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my psychologist and counseling like this is something that I would be doing regardless of my brain injury. Well, time to prepare for tomorrow, it's going to be a long day and the Boy will need food to eat while we are at the hospital. Good night, readers.

1 comment:

  1. I am on a BBC board with you and have followed off and on since the accident. Its amazing how far you have made it. You are an amazing woman and mother. Keep blogging for you.

    ReplyDelete