Thursday, December 6, 2012

Still Sick

Ugh...The boy and I are still ill, this cold really will not go away. My poor little guy, I feel bad and there's not much I can do for him. Also, I'm still feeling slightly like death because of this cold. This sucks, I can't rememebr the last time I had such a persistent illness. I'm pretty sure the boy hasn't been sick like this before either, I mean he did have a pretty scary bout at four days old but that was completely different. I messaged my doctor, I think I also requested an appointment to see her. She was nice and prescribed nasal spray for me since I can't afford it out of pocket and I'm dying over here with this darned cough.

This cough is seriously terrible. I went to bed late last night because I was washing Boy's diapers, then started coughing so bad I am absolutely positive that hubby's sleep was ruined. I don't like ruining his sleep, he has to wake up very early to walk to work so he needs all the sleep he can get. I ended up waking every few minutes in a fit of coughing. Apparently, looking at the clock, I only got maybe three hours of sleep.

The boy woke up a couple of times, too. I'm not sure if it was just from coughing or if he needed something to drink. When I went in to check on him, he had lost his bottle so I refilled and replaced it. The other few times, he woke up coughing and that yucky, raspy, mucus breathing sound. I wish there was more that I could do for him, it's bad enough there's so little I can do for myself, I should be able to help him feel better.

At least at this end of our illness, I don't feel like death anymore, I couldn't even cuddle him. Now, I feel like I can push through this cold and cuddle the Boy. The better I can help him feel, the less I feel like crap.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a humidifier? You probably are on top of it already but that's what helps my babes when they have a cough (which is entirely too often).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I put it in the Boy's room because he's still all stuffed up. I did notice that hot showers help, because of the steam and stuff. I tried Vicks VapoRub and socks on the Boy and it helped a bit. I'm hoping we're over this thing soon, though.

    ReplyDelete