Thursday, December 6, 2012

Credit Where Credit is Due

I was thinking about what I've been through. I've lost a lot of time, I lost control, I lost independence, I lost a lot. Although there weren't many people around me to help me, the ones that were, did help. I really do appreciate the extra assistance that I was given, when I couldn't care for the Boy. I wish that what happened, hadn't happened because I hate that I had lost so much time with my son. There was a lot that happened during my recovery, I guess I can't hold too much anger against it because I had no control over certain things.

I suppose that I'm a little upset at the very limited options I was left with, in regards to the help I needed. It was scary for my husband when he had to go to work and leave me home alone for ten hours. There was nothing we could do about that, though. I guess it was a godsend that my appointments were almost daily when I was first discharged, I was not alone for too long during that time.. With being able to get the Boy home so soon, I am happy. I didn't think that I would be able to have him home so soon and the extent of my recovery actually surprises me. There are some things that I still have trouble with, but nothing that I can't work on.

I am so glad that I started talking with my friend again. She is an awesome person and I hope that I can pay her back some day, the extent of what she's contributed leaves me speechless. Hopefully things go through quickly. I am getting slightly overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that's going on right now and it seems like it's happening too fast, but if everything goes any slower, I'll be more anxious than anything.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that you had this blog while reading post on BBC. I just stayed up until 1am to read the whole thing as I literally couldn't stop. I cannot find a way to express how amazing you are!!!
    My husband is an OT who works with adult TBI at a major rehab hospital in Downey, CA. I cannot wait for him to read this. Regarding the post where you mention that you believe that people wouldn't be interested in your story.....are you kidding? Not only are you a very gifted writer, but your story is so inspirational and fascinating. Having been through the life that you briefly describe and ending up such an amazing and positive person has left me speachless.
    On another note, let me know if you have questions about the Rn- BSN program. I may be able to help. I worked in that department for CSU before becoming a full time Mom and might be able to answer a few questions or something. It may sound strange, but I'm jarring my sleepy pregnant brain trying to think of anyway that we can help you guys with anything!
    I hope you and your little sweetie are feeling better. The only thing worse than being sick is having a sick baby, so I really hope you're doing well.
    I can't wait for your next update and sorry but I have to say it again...you are amazing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete