Friday, November 30, 2012

Determining if I'm Eligible

I had an appointment today for an evaluation for SSD, since I've been denied and my attorneys are insisting on approval. First, I had to make sure I had transportation because SS doesn't provide that--which for me is ridiculous because I have very limited resources. Then, I wasn't supposed to bring my boy, but I don't have a sitter. So, the doctor rescheduled for the next business day and I had to find transporation plus childcare. Which is fine, a bit difficult but whatever.

I'm not sure if I'll be deemed eligible for SSD, I don't know how I feel about it either. We'll see how it goes, though. The initial appointment was supposed to be 3 hours but cut down to two with the "follow-up" in a few days to complete it. The boy was good during the appointment, I'm proud of him. He only managed to get cranky when it was close to his nap time, so he did well for the most part.

2 comments:

  1. My family and I can relate to what your going through. My sister has a TBI. Hers was from an infection she got while working in a hospital. Much of what you've talked about on your blog I can relate to with her. Thank you for sharing your life with us. It has helped me understand what she has been going though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this has helped you. I know how hard it is to understand what a person with a "Silent Illness/Injury" goes through. There are more out there than TBIs, like MS, you can't tell by just looking at the person and a lot of times they don't complain or talk about it.
    Hopefully things go well with you and your sister and thank you for reading through :)

    ReplyDelete