Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Maybe?

I slept through my alarm that I had set after posting the last update. I only really woke up when the transportation guy called, then I had to rush around and be ready to go. (Yay, it only took me 3 minutes to be ready and waiting outside) I was awake for a good five minutes, ha ha. I ended up falling asleep and then actually napping in the waiting room at the hospital. I actually ended up with about two hours of sleep before transportation called. I was not having a good day and you could only tell because I looked so exhausted; I didn't have an attitude or anything, I was just quiet and tired.

Hubby and I took a nap that evening after I got home, probably for about an hour or two (we're talking 4PM to about 6PM). We then went to bed at 10PM and I slept so well! I'm still a bit tired now but I'm sure that the more I rest, the less noticeable it will be.

I suppose that the overwhelming feeling that I experienced yesterday and today was because of the Amantadine that I had been out of. That feeling was only multiplied and made worse because I was so exhausted. It's no big deal though, I started taking the Amantadine again and although I think it'll be a couple of days before I see a difference, I think it's worth a shot. Other than the Amantadine, I've been out of Effexor since Friday. That's definitely not a good thing, considering I've been having bad anxiety attacks and my depression is hitting me harder now.

I'm not sure what caused me to lose sleep that night, but I'm thinking that it was partly Effexor's fault. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I ran out of Effexor, so the stress probably kept me up. I planned on cleaning the apartment thoroughly today but didn't really feel up to it until about an hour ago. That's not so bad, though, I did get off of the computer for about an hour and straightened up our home pretty nicely. I don't think there's much else for me to do, but I'm sure I'll think about it when the time comes.

My PM&R doctor said to try and continue bringing our son home slowly, as in adding a day per week. She also wants me to make sure that I don't bring him home with me to where we are alone and I may get overstressed. That's no big deal, I don't want to overstress myself either. I don't think that it would be possible though, to overstress. Bringing our son home is my main goal and what I want best, I honestly cannot see one reason to be stressed over, with having him home. He is such a good child and like all children he doesn't do anything "bad" on purpose, if ever. Maybe the only thing that would be difficult is if I get tired? Maybe the other thing would be putting him down for naps would be difficult, especially if I'm tired? I don't know, I've only noticed the fatigue on Sunday to Monday, and I'm pretty sure it is because of my medications.

We're going to work on bringing him home and to start with, it'll be bringing him here on Thursday so that we have him until Sunday and I get a decent amount of time watching him by myself. I know I have options out there if I need a break or to relax, so hopefully all will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment