Thursday, October 11, 2012

Completely Off Topic, ha ha!

Today I had my son with me from 8AM, the representative from Help Me Grow came by for his evaluation. Our appointment had originally been scheduled for 10:30AM but she didn't come until about 11AM. That was fine, though, my aunt dropped him off to me at 8AM since she had an early appointment herself. So, I got to watch him on my own for about 3 hours and it was great! He is the best baby ever. He ended up taking a nap at about 9AM and only slept for maybe 10 or 15 minutes, then I fed him lunch and the Help Me Grow rep came at 11AM. After she left, at about noon, I got myself and my son ready to go out for a little while.

On a different note, I had not only forgotten about the Help Me Grow appointment, but also about his PT appointment. I can't wait until I get him back, I'll be able to keep track of all of our appointments like before and it won't be such a big mess like it is now.

The first place we went to was Giant Eagle, I had to exchange my nutritional supplement mix then buy sugar. After that, I went to visit my mother-in-law since I figure she would like to see her grandson before it gets too cold for me to go out walking again. She enjoyed seeing him and watching him take his second nap, which nicely lasted from 1PM to 2PM. While he was sleeping, I started getting him ready to go walk to his daddy's work, to wait and walk home with hubby at 3PM.

After my aunt dropped him off with me, I switched him back over to cloth diapers because I don't like wasting her disposables. It's always easier for me to just use the cloth since I can wash it and always have a ready supply. So, I had been diligently making sure that I was changing his diaper every two hours.

When we got to hubby's work, we showed our son off to his co-workers, then to the HR rep. Everyone loved him, expressed how adorable and big/tall he is. When they see how big he is compared to us, they always ask where he gets his height from. Well, it seems to be from grandfather-in-law on hubby's paternal side. Grandfather-in-law is approximately 7 feet tall! We are expecting our son to take after him, which will be awesome. Anyway, by the time I was able to change his diaper again, I had to switch him to disposables and had accidentally not changed him on time, so he leaked through his pants. I think my aunt doesn't like cloth because he leaked out of them? I don't know, but it's okay. I had meant to change him earlier than that but was not able to. I ended up putting him in a disposable so he could go with my aunt and I changed his pants because no one likes wearing wet pants in any kind of weather, let alone cold weather.

All in all, this was an awesome day. I can't wait to get him back home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment