Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Injustice

That's not what I was expecting the outcome of the trial to feel like. I was hoping that I would feel a bit justified at the conclusion of the case. What's sad is that I don't feel that way. I feel like the sentence of the defendant does not justify what I have gone through as a result of the accident. I feel like nothing in regards to this situation is fair.

I know that life isn't fair. What the heck, though? My life gets completely knocked out of whack. I get set back for an extended period of time, I don't get to care for my son for more than 6 months and probably longer, but this guy... He gets let off easy? For what he did to me and my family? He gets an easy sentence just because it was "negligent assault"? I could have died, I could be a paraplegic, I could be in a vegetative state...I'm recovering from a brain injury, multiple bone fractures and have several scars, but this guy gets an easy sentence for causing all of that?

Wow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Clair.

    My thoughts are with you and your family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I didn't wanna hear that! Or read that? If you don't mind me asking, what did he get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got an easy fine of less than $500 and "probation". No jail time (except for the day or two before he posted bond), no suspended license, nothing significant...

      Delete