Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm working on it...

Seriously, I'm working on my endurance. This whole sleepy, tired, exhausted feeling that comes on frequently, quickly and randomly is really starting to get on my nerves. I know why I'm tired like this, my brain is still healing, so it makes sense. Knowing that on average it takes one year from the initial injury for your brain to heal, doesn't make it any better. Seven more months I have to get through before there is any real, significant, noticeable change.

Started taking Effexor a couple of weeks ago, it's helping but I'm not appreciating the side effects. I'll be seeing my doctors over the next week or two so that they can evaluate my recovery. Hopefully, they will be able to help me out with the side effects, who knows, though.

I've noticed that my thinking is getting clearer. My mind processes things more in depth than before. It was like going through a foggy haze and now it's starting to slowly clear up, so it's noticeable. I don't know how to explain it. I guess, it's like when you know what your city looks like, it's layout, but then a dense fog comes in and refuses to leave quickly. Then as the fog ever so slowly dissipates, you feel that relief, like a deep, cleansing breath when you're able to make out certain, specific things, places, people, etc. I'm amazed at the process and progress. I'm so antsy to accomplish a lot of things, work on goals, to just go.

One thing at a time, right? Fatigue is going to be a challenging thing to work on, but I'm determined. I want my son back.

No comments:

Post a Comment