Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday, we held his birthday party. It was at the park and the weather sucked: cold, rainy, not happy. We had good company, I prepared for more people than actually showed which I was sad but I'm over it now.

Today is his birthday, he was born on August 12, 2011 at 3AM. I remember the day I went into the hospital until the day we were discharged postpartum. It's kind of amazing, one year later (after a recent car accident, no less) I remember those 4 days so vividly. I invited my aunts to come by today for cake with him, since it's his birthday. All I got was a question of if we'd like him for the day--yes, I would like him, but I was hoping you'd want to celebrate too. I didn't even get an answer to "do you guys want to come over tomorrow for cake with our son since it's his birthday". How sad and dejected do I feel.

Great that today it's his first birthday and I'm so depressed because I feel like no one's noticed--aside from Facebook "Happy Birthday's" to my son. I suppose I'd feel more at ease if I knew whether or not my aunts were doing something for him today. I wish daddy and I could spend the day with our son.

I'm so happy he is one today. I'm just depressed it's not how I would have liked it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment