Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tuesdays and Thursdays

Every other day since my discharge I've had to go to therapy. This means every Tuesday and Thursday, but I also have to go to the hospital on Mondays and Wednesdays in case I have a follow up appointment with my PM&R, Orthopedic or Primary doctors.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, I don't mind going to occupational, physical and speech therapies as often as I do. The sum of it all is that I'm getting as much rehabilitation as needed so that I will be better sooner.

I really feel depressed about how much better I've gotten since discharge, in comparison to how much better I thought I was. I didn't think or expect to be normal or close to normal so soon but I really didn't think I was as bad and far off as I am. I thought I would be able to go back to work by the end of June or beginning of July but I'm nowhere near that possibility. I've had to watch my son for well over 16 hours 2 or 3 weeks ago and it tired me to the point of almost passing out and having a very bad attitude towards my husband. The stress and fatigue I experience after taking care of my son is just terrible. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to watch him for that long, compared to before the accident. I was definitely not prepared for that challenge. I had to spend two whole days and nights sleeping to recover. Just awful.

I want to be better soon and it's so upsetting that it's taking so long to accomplish little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment