Friday, July 20, 2012

The Insanity Workout

Considering I had a fractured left pelvic ring recently, I figured that anything I am inclined to try should be brought up and asked about with my therapists and doctors. Yesterday, while in physical therapy I asked my therapist about The Insanity Workout.

Now, I know that I have a couple of choices here in the decision to try this workout. I can follow the disclaimer and not even try The Insanity Workout, solely for the fact I do have an injury and the workout would strain my bones, joints and ligaments. Or, I can wait a year or two at minimum and try the workout.

My physical therapist did feel compelled to tell me that this workout is hard, even she wouldn't be able to do it. She felt inclined to remind me that the workout's are hard and would not be good for my fractured pelvis right now. She feels, like me, that I need to allow my pelvis to heal and strengthen my pelvic muscles before I attempt any workout routine. <--- This all makes sense, I perfectly understand and agree.

I'm glad that my physical therapist was able to give me very good information and insight. I feel very comfortable, as comfortable or even more comfortable than I did before I even asked. It's good to know, and have it confirmed, that I can try The Insanity Workout in a year or two (minimum) as long as my pelvis is healed and strengthened.

I also knew that this workout was hard, difficult and fast paced. I know, for a fact, that I can't do this workout at the pace the instructor wants one to do it. I don't know all of the workout routines that are done in any or each of the DVDs, but I do know what I can do or try. I know I can't run or jog right now, especially not in place and I especially cannot do anything that will beat up my hips, knees and ankles. I know that I can do situps, crunches, stretching, pushups and basically arm exercises and very light no impact leg exercises.

So, I can't wait to get better, I can't wait to start working again and I definitely can't wait until I do have the ability to at the very least try The Insanity Workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment