Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perception

It's interesting how badly my mind and memory are affected by this TBI. I'm doing well with my recovery, I'm a lot further than I was in the beginning of my injuries. My perception and cognitive functions are a little off. I guess I can't drive right now--my doctors and therapists verified all of that--but that's because my perceptive abilities are down, I won't be able to react quick enough or properly to prevent causing an accident. I completely understand why I can't do the things I used to be able to do, before my injuries, it just sucks.

It's good that my husband is so supportive and understanding about my current abilities. I don't remember words very well, or what things are called. I end up having to describe what it is I'm trying to find the word for. What's bad is when people are talking to me and I can't understand what they're saying because they aren't being as clear as I need them to be. Sometimes I try and say something that should make sense but I use the wrong words or format

The more time and therapy that passes, the better I get. I just can't wait to finally be somewhere closer to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment